I Wallabies hanno un nuovo sponsor tecnico? KooGa?

da wikipedia: SANZAR is an abbrevation of the South African Rugby Union, the New Zealand Rugby Football Union and the Australian Rugby Union. The three unions own joint rights to the Super 14 and Tri Nations

Moderatore: Emy77

Rispondi
DVD
Contatta:

I Wallabies hanno un nuovo sponsor tecnico? KooGa?

Messaggio da DVD » 28 gen 2010, 2:26

Ecco un articolo apparso oggi sul quotidiano "The Australians", ma non avranno piu' Canterbury come sponsor tecnico? e la maglia in fibra di carbonio (+ mix di altre 4 fibre) con calzettoni che minimizzano crampi.......bah

Unbreakable 'steel' jerseys

Bret Harris From: The Australian January 26, 2010 12:00AM

IN a memorable Seinfeld episode, George Costanza convinces the New York Yankees to switch to cotton shirts, assuring the team manager the players will be five degrees cooler.

But the cotton uniforms shrink in the rain, leaving the players "running like penguins".

If Costanza was involved in the design of the Wallabies' new jersey, there would be a very good chance the players would finish their next Test half-naked.

The Wallabies' "technically advanced" jersey is an amalgam of five fabrics, including carbon fibre, which has never been used in a body contact sport before because it is breakable.

The designer of the jersey, sports apparel company KooGa, is confident it will not be pulled apart in the hurly burly of a game.

"In our design team we actually do have Australia's strongest man," KooGa managing director Tyron Brant said. "He is a 165kg behemoth and this fabric was tested thoroughly by him to make sure it doesn't break. He is a former prop himself.

"We don't want players going on to the field and jerseys breaking. We ensured first-hand these will not break."

The jerseys may not break, but they do almost everything else.

The carbon fibre panels under the armpits and on the sides of the jersey help to control heart-rate and temperature, working as a thermostat.

The jersey is hydrosteel, which is used for its incredible strength, breathability, anti-microbial qualities and two-way stretch, to aid passing and lineout jumping.

The uniform also includes a chamois panel down the side of the green shorts, so players can dry their hands during the game. In another first, the uniform includes compression socks with a padded foot.

"What you are looking at is the most technically advanced rugby kit in the world," Brant said. "We are giving the players the 1 per cent extra that they need to help bring home the World Cup."

The uniform was modelled by Wallabies Berrick Barnes and Benn Robinson at a luncheon in Sydney yesterday. "It fits extremely well," said Barnes, who hopes to play a trial game for the Waratahs against Fiji at Orange on Saturday.

"The biggest improvement for me is the socks. As a guy who has cramping issues, it's good to have compression socks with normal padding underneath."

Despite the technological advances, Robinson's favourite aspect of the jersey is its traditional gold colour. "I really like the colour," he said, deflecting questions about Melbourne Rebels' interest in him for next year's Super rugby season. "Going back to the grassroots is a big key.

"As a front rower you need a very strong jersey. The testing they've done is pretty conclusive.

"As front rowers you get into some pretty crazy angles sometimes and to have that flexibility in the shorts is crucial."

Pakeha_70

Re: I Wallabies hanno un nuovo sponsor tecnico? KooGa?

Messaggio da Pakeha_70 » 28 gen 2010, 8:19

Ha anche un colore leggermente diverso, tendente più al giallo

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

nino22

Messaggio da nino22 » 28 gen 2010, 12:11

Il triste declino delle maglie da rugby ... orribile era l'ultima Canterbury ma questa è forse peggio .....

Laporte

Messaggio da Laporte » 28 gen 2010, 14:41

nino22 ha scritto:Il triste declino delle maglie da rugby ... orribile era l'ultima Canterbury ma questa è forse peggio .....
E' brutta come Taglio: molto calcio e poco rugby. Come colorazione (quasi tutta gialla) mi piace

Ma le canterbury degli ultimi 5 anni erano inguardabili.

La migliorem è quella classica; gialla con colletto verde.

In più poco adatta ai panzoni come me...

nino22

Messaggio da nino22 » 28 gen 2010, 15:39

Laporte ha scritto:
nino22 ha scritto:Il triste declino delle maglie da rugby ... orribile era l'ultima Canterbury ma questa è forse peggio .....
E' brutta come Taglio: molto calcio e poco rugby. Come colorazione (quasi tutta gialla) mi piace

Ma le canterbury degli ultimi 5 anni erano inguardabili.

La migliorem è quella classica; gialla con colletto verde.

In più poco adatta ai panzoni come me...
La Canterbury da Francia 2007 in poi le trovo orribili quelle prima invece bellissime. Il problema oltre che il colore (tradizionalmente non dovrebbe essere un giallo ocra?) è proprio e soprattutto il taglio ....

Pakeha_70

Messaggio da Pakeha_70 » 28 gen 2010, 16:31

Il colore tradizionale maglia dovrebbe essere oro...

Restano comunque imperdibili i pantaloncini con inserti in camoscio per asciugarsi le mani e le calze super tecniche che prevengono i crampi.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Mero

Messaggio da Mero » 29 gen 2010, 12:42

Sembra quella dell'Australia del calcio..

aridatece quella bellissima del Mondiale 2003

NeilBeck85

Messaggio da NeilBeck85 » 29 gen 2010, 19:20

Mero ha scritto:
aridatece quella bellissima del Mondiale 2003
Quoto..ora come ora le uniche che trovo decenti sono quelle della Cotton Traders,che sono quelle un po più Old Style..relativamente..

Canterbury,Kooga,Nike,Gilbert,Adidas,Puma..la fiera dell'indecenza..per non parlare della nostra..

Oltretutto,fummo noi,se non i primi fra i primi ad aprire la fiera della maglia indecen..pardon,tecnica con quella del 01..
"Cantare l'inno non è solo folclore,cè gente che è morta cantando la marsigliese..oggi venderemo cara la pelle!"

"Io metto la faccia dove gli altri non metteno neanche i piedi"

- Jean Pierre Rives -

nino22

Messaggio da nino22 » 30 gen 2010, 10:13

Anche Rhino e RugbyTech per alcuni club fanno qualcosa di carino

Samu
Contatta:

Messaggio da Samu » 4 feb 2010, 22:42

Rugbytech e Rhino fanno cose mooolto carine
Quando la fortuna ragion contrasta, non c'è ragion che alla fortuna basta!!
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3ip6gwQo6k <---- -i miti non passano mai

Rispondi